Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bio on Thrive Blogger Trina

hi i showed up at our thrive meeting and they said, sit you're gonna write. Ok, so here it is.
My name is Trina LaFrance...I am 49 years old....wow that sounds like someone else not me.
I look like I'm in my late 30s early 40s. That's what this young guy I asked who was in college said when I asked him [yeah I really did that]. Excuse me how old do you think I am? He looked at me with the same look you probably have on your face right now. Uh....will this get me in trouble? No I assured him. Ok, I don't mean to hurt your feelings but you look like you're 38 or early 40s. He seemed surprised and relieved when I was smiling with joy. To him that is old to me it said, I still have it!!!! As London would say, YEAH ME!!!

I think I am saying all this because you can't see me and I want you to know I am a mature woman who has been there and back and leapt into it again but has not aged me from the view of one of the youths of this world. I sound corny but it's late and I can't think of anything else.

On a more serious note, I have always hated I mean HATED the word infertility. I even did a talk on "Why I Hate the "I" Word". Basically it means that infertility sounds like a disease. I didn't have a disease. I was on a Journey. I have never liked that word that sends a flash of heat thru my body whenever someone tries to label me that way [more on that later] .

OOPS, Now they tell me I have to stop writing. We'll have to talk you and me. You grab your coffee and I'll grab mine and I want to hear all about your Journey...there really is a blessing in store for you. I bet you are thinking yeah right or maybe so what's next?

Let me close with I love the SO WHAT'S NEXT? place in someones life because that's when the hardest battle is behind you. What a relief.... picture that poster of a cat that is hanging on by his claws with the caption "Let Go". Does he or doesn't he? ... Sorry Jacqui just told me to hang up.
Love ya....lets do coffee soon.
Trina

1 comment:

Cathy said...

"I didn't have a disease.. I was on a journey " wow.. I love that. Every trial ... every heart break we go through...is a journey...and some day some one will walk along side us in this life that will need encouragement. I pray that I will have enough comfort from HIM to pass it along to another.